Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My granddaughter Gracie's first doll she made!!

I had a pre-made bendy doll..Gracie can home Friday with the fabric and fringe from kindergarten..she wanted to"make a doll like you do" !!!..bless her heart. Out came the glue..she glued on the top lace and fringe skirt..braided the hair..figured out the bangs!! All I did was stitch the hair on top and run some stitches aroud the top and skirt to make them a little more secure. She decided where she wanted the mouth and eyes and nose..drew them on with a pencil and i just embroiderd them for her. I think she did a wonderful job on her first doll..she is so proud of it,,and I'm so proud of her!!! I have one more bendy doll..so Titus wants to make it an "army guy"..he's going to paint his with camoflage(sp?!!) colors to make the clothes. He wants to make a helmet..figured we could use foil to make one,then use paper and glue over it then he can paint that!! He'll make his when they get back from visitation with their"Dad"..and I use that term loosely,as most of you know my feelings on that subject!!!...today!
SORRY IT'S A BIT FUZZY!!
Enjoy today! 

10 comments:

Vagabonde said...

I wish I had a granddaughter to make dolls and paper dolls. I have 2 grandsons and they are in another state. I don’t think they would like to make dolls…but we can make some drawings when we are together.

Ann said...

Vagabonde..thanks for visiting!! Wish i could draw..we'd do that..but unfortunately I do not do well with paper and pencil,ink or paint. I just can't draw! Maybe if I just relaxed with it and had fun I'd do well,or at least enjoy it!! Think I'll start a "bucket list" and put that at the top!..followed by travel to Europe..anywhere in Europe!!! So many places I'd love to see!! But for now,I can enjoy far away and closer through your blog!!!

Art From The heart said...

You are a very special Gramma,filled with love and a creative soul.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable! What a lovely doll. Your granddaughter is following in your artistic talents.

Ann said...

Amy, you are such a love!!! thanks sweetie!!!! xoxo

Ann said...

Mina, thanks!!! We had such fun..she was so cute,so proud of it!! hugs!

orchid0324 said...

Oh, my!!!
I think you gave your loving granddaughter a rewarding time. I am proud of her as well. Such a beautiful memory with you will stay in her heart.
Thanks for sharing the adorable story and doll!!!

Love, xoxo Orchid.

Ann said...

thank you Orchid!!I will share your comment with her!! :)

Magic Love Crow said...

This doll is so cute! Great job!

Ann said...

Thanks !! I'll let Gracie know! :)