Followers

Friday, February 25, 2011

OK..I like my computer now!!!

Email working now!! Funny..once it affected computers at the email provider it got fixed quicker!!! (maybe not,but it sure seems that way!!)..when I called last night,the tech support person said it was affecting some of the computer there.....good!! Maybe thats why it's finally up and running properly!!! Funny..I never realized how much I rely on it! In a way,it's sad ..letter writing will become a thing of the past..it is already a lost art. My son and his friends text all the time..why,when the cell phone is there? Will these "kids"(he's almost 29!) miss out on writing a "love letter",something that can be wrapped with a bit of ribbon and treasured always by the one they love forever? After my father had died,and I was going through things,I found the letters they had written to each other when he was overseas in WWII...he had kept his tied with a white ribbon in the bottom of his Navy trunk,along with all the other letters he had gotten from his Mother.My mothers were in a box tied with pink ribbon.!These delicate letters,in 1940's airmail envelopes, were in perfect conditin. Have I read them..no.But,I haven't thrown them out either!

8 comments:

"MOI" Freubel said...

Hi Ann.
I wonder if you are not curious what is in the letters ??

Ann said...

yes.. I am!! I'm still trying to decide if I would be invaiding their privacy. My mother has been gone 12 years..my Dad 5...one of these days I just may ! I guess if I wasn't going to at some point I would have destroyed them. hugs!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I am a sucker for 'snail mail'. I do love email and my computer, But, I write lots of letters and I love when I get them too - because I hate to see it disappear.
Real mail - that you can Hold - is so much More meaningful.
Maybe that's why I alter all of those envelopes. I canNot toss them...
Xx,
A

Ann said...

I love letters too. My mom and Aunt were the ultimate letter writers. they wrote each other once a week from 1943 until my aunt died decades later. Reading a letter from her was just like sitting next to her and talking! xo

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would have to read and savor every word and probably bawl my eyes out. What a beautiful treasure you have from days gone by.

Ann said...

thanks Mina! I believe I saved them for a reason..someday I'm sure I will read them!! When I do,I'll post about it!! Hope your weekend has been great!! hugs.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Discovering the treasure you have it looks very inviting!!

Ann said...

Phivos...I always knew my parents had an unending love for each other..I knew my Mom was a romantic and I wasn't too surprised to find the letters she saved, but I was surprised to find my Dad had saved his! hugs!!