Followers

Monday, December 26, 2011

Sharing..

I'm having a sad day..today is the anniversary of my father's death. Long-time followers and friends know that my parents were my world..that they adopted my twin sister and I when we were 6 mos old.  I know that my father was long -ready to join my mother in Heaven. I moved into my fathers house..15 min away from mine, to care for him as he died with dignity and peace,in his own way.He was in a coma,on IV morphine on Christmas Day. I stayed awake as long as I could,as I knew he didn't have long. I fell asleep around 3 in the morning Dec.26th...He met my Mother and she lead him across while I slept. I know he waited till I feel asleep.
They are all gone, my Mom,my Dad and my sister. 
I miss you all.
Daddy, you set the bar for every man I met!..honor,integrity,kindness and humor..these were the traits that they had to have. Thank you for loving me with all your heart.Thank you for doing without,so that we could have,when times were tough. Thanks for all your love and support.Thanks for encouraging me to reach for the stars and telling me I could grab them. 
I wouldn't be the woman I am today,without you and Mom. 
I love you! 

15 comments:

lmp said...

I am sure he waited. How manly to spare you that. I know what it is to have a father to measure everyone against and to feel so beloved by him. It is the greatest gift a man can give a daughter. I am so sorry for your loss. It is so significant and so profound. Words fail to convey how my heart wishes to soothe yours. Hugs, Lisa

peggy gatto said...

You are in my thoughts and I share your grief and share your gift of adoption. We are sisters too.
hugs

Anonymous said...

Touched by the depth of your love for your Father...not many little girls grow up with the kind of Father you had...you were blessed but I'm not telling you anything you do not know already. Hugs from Arkansas

Art From The heart said...

Love ahd hugs to you dear Ann.
You were blessed to have such wonderful parents.
xoxoxox

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Hugs,
Dee

Magic Love Crow said...

Ann, I don't know what to say! This is such a beautiful, touching post! I am smiling and crying for you! I know there is nothing that will make it easier for you, but I do know, your parents and sister are smiling and saying thanks for being the person you are! A person, that has a heart as big as the world! Love you!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

I miss my dad too and know your sadness. The hurt goes away in due time and more thoughts of the happier memories will creep up each time you think of your family. The suffering has ended, but you will never forget and the emptiness in your heart I know is lonely. One day there will be a joyous time when we all meet again. Hugs and comfort to you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute my friend, You are in my thoughts too this holiday time. Your parents were rare and special and I just know they are happy back together.
Hugs
June xxx

Unknown said...

Dear Ann, This truly touched my heart and brought a tear to my eyes..I know how much you miss your family..I wish you comfort during this time of year...
XO,XO,
~Shirley

pchickki said...

Understandably a sad day but your wonderful memories of your Father and Mother will keep them alive in your heart forever. Hold that close to you my friend.
God Bless You

Unknown said...

Ann I am sorry I missed this post. Know your Father is always with you and he will be waiting to hug you again in the next life. I hope you have a fabulous week and find smiles along the way. Sending my love and a hug:)
XXX
Becky

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry. Please know that I hold you close in my heart and that you are never alone for their souls are intermingled with yours for all time. Hugs, my beautiful friend.

Jacque said...

Obrigada pelos votos de Feliz Ano Novo ! Happy New Year!


Beijo

Jan Hennings said...

SO so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose your Father and my Dad went to heaven in 1995. I still miss him terribly. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

orchid0324 said...

Oh, Dearest Ann.
What a tribute for all of your family☆☆☆
Reading your post I could see how importat all of them for you!!!
You twin sister also must be really dear to you.
They all are alive in your heart, my friend! Orchid*